(urth) Juturna, the Missing Sister

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 13:25:23 PDT 2010

> The Cumaean refers to Jolenta as "big red gold" in contrast to Dorcas, "little
> pale-hair"  (CotC, Ch. XXX).  It hadn't occurred to me till now that her mention
> of two colors, with no hyphen, might refer to the cuffs not matching the
> collars.

Silk also has a red-gold beard.

"At his washstand upstairs, he stropped the big, bone-handled razor that
had waited hi his mother's bureau until he was old
enough to shave, lathered his face, and scraped away his reddish-blond
beard."
Nightside IX

If Silk is a clone of Typhon, then Typhon's "blonde" hair was actually
"strawberry-blonde".

I *do* think hair color is a family signature, although I don't know
exactly how it all fits together.

But I still believe that red hair and reddish blonde hair is intended to
connect someone to the family of Typhon.

u+16b9