(urth) Rudesind/Inire/Lunar Picture

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Tue Jul 27 10:27:38 PDT 2010

On Jul 27, 2010, at 1:04 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Ryan Dunn <ryan at liftingfaces.com> wrote:
>
>> Rudesind's master is Inire, and Inire is a time traveler.
>
> I see two assertions here with no particular textual support for either.
>
> I'm just sayin'.
>
> --
> Dan'l Danehy-Oakes

INIRE AS RUDESIND'S MASTER:

"Rudesind, we already know the answers to the question you think we are going to ask. We know your master is what the people call a cacogen, and that for whatever reason, he is one of those few who have chosen to cast their lots entirely with humanity, remaining on Urth as a human being."

INIRE AS TIME TRAVELER:

Are cacogens immortal? If so, then my theory may be unfounded. But...

"Have you heard of the mirrors of Father Inire? Do you know how they work?"

"I've heard of Father Inire's Mirror, but I couldn't tell you where I heard about it. You're supposed to be able to step into it, like you'd step into a doorway, and step out on a star. I don't think it's real."

"The mirrors are real. I've seen them. Up until now I always thought of them in much the same way you did—as if they were a ship, but much faster. Now I'm not nearly so sure. Anyway, a certain friend of mine stepped between those mirrors and vanished. I was watching him. It was no trick and no superstition; he went wherever the mirrors take you."

Are we to assume Inire built these mirrors that take you to other places (and times from what I can gather) yet has never mastered them?

...ryan