(urth) Undines

Tony Ellis tonyellis69 at btopenworld.com
Wed Jul 21 02:58:14 PDT 2010

>James Wynn wrote:
>I thought the implication of the skull Severian finds at the bottom of
>the Gyoll after the flood is that he drowned when she met him at the
>beginning of Shadow of the Torturer. The boy that left the river was an
>aquastor.

and Lee Berman:
>I think Severian dies and is resurrected as an eidolon several times
>(probably five).

I don't think so. At the end of UotNS, Famulimus tells Severian that
the Sev who died on Tzadkiel's ship 'was the son your mother bore', or
words to that effect.

If Severian dies, he just self-resurrects in the same body. He doesn't
need aquastors unless he's cut off from the white fountain.

I think the significance of the skull is what it symbolises.