(urth) Where did Abaia go?

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 18 21:12:49 PDT 2010

>John Watkins: So Abaia could easy have been crushed by a foundered continent
>or mountain, or trapped on a new continent as it rises from the sea and then,
>assuming he could survive the upheaval itself, collapsed under his own weight.
>I think the latter is more probable, simply because we're told in the text that
>Abaia and his kind can't survive outside of water long (perhaps Baldanders
>is the reference, I can't recall) and we actually see Juturna dying in this
>manner.

Yes, considering the "waves of gravitation" emitted  by the onrushing New Sun
that could be the force which kills off the giant monsters. Or perhaps some
newly risen continent has mountain sized gelatinous masses on it baking in
the warm, golden radiance of Ushas.

I still think the evidence of Abaia in Lake Diuturna is too compelling to
completely ignore. Doesn't matter though. As a giant shape-shifting alien
who reproduces asexually and sexually (daughter-brides) the guy can easily be
in two or many more places at once.

Tzadkiel explains his/her similar abilities to have multiple shapes, sizes and
locations with:

>"the cells of our bodies shift, like those of certain sea creatures on your Urth,
>which can be pressed through a screen yet reunite".

The screen thing is a classic description of members the Sponge phylum which
reproduce both sexually and via asexual budding. But perhaps Tzadkiel is
referring to some very large sea creatures on Urth also. I'm pretty sure
we get another view of pinched off, shape-shifting, human-sized agents in the
Short Sun relationship between Seawrack and The Mother.

I'm still not sure if these answers are as important as Christian allegory though.
We could argue that Juturna survives in Ushas because she is a small enough piece
of Abaia to survive the gravitation or shifty enough to adjust to salt water or
agile enough to avoid rising continents. But I take her survival to mean that even
in a Flood-cleansed, Jesus-enlightened world such as our own Earth, we still have
some minor demons which survive on to plague us.