(urth) Fr Inire + Cumean + others (was: Re: Inire as a hierodule)

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Sat Jul 17 11:24:49 PDT 2010

Jane Delawney wrote:
[snip]
> I find I'm in disagreement not only with Borski, but with Andre-Driussi
> about the three known and named Hierodules. Both seem to assume that
> since Ossipago can be translated as 'bone grower', he, although
> basically a mechanism, is the nurse / guardian of both Famulimus and
> Barbatus. [snip]

I suppose both men made that assumption because that is what the text says.
Sev is speaking to Ossipago on the Ship:

"And yours [Ossipago's name] means bone-grower. You took care of Barbatus
and Famulimus when they were small, saw to it that they were fed and so on,
and you've remained with them ever since. That's what Famulimus told me
once." (URTH, chap. V, 33)