(urth) Gnomism

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Wed Jul 14 12:37:49 PDT 2010

I can't think of many things I have read which have the same emotional
effect upon me as Severian, Baldanders and Faustus together on the tower
in the rain, and the torchlight procession is coming, and Faustus is the
only one who sees.

The last few paragraphs of Dhalgren, possibly.

It is Gene's perfect take on Borges, in much the same fashion as Lathe of
Heaven is LeGuin's perfect take on Dick.

.