(urth) Tzadkiel/Melek Taus

Cliff Judge transentient at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 14:05:19 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Mr Thalassocrat
<thalassocrat08 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Anyway, if Wolfe was thinking along those lines & did make use of aspects
> of the Melek Taus figure, I guess that use was  pretty specific to the
> concerns of BOTNS/UOTNS. The closest figure I can think of in other works is
> The Lowest God from W-K, but even though he may well be a de-winged angel,
> he fits a different "error" (ie "lowest = highest", rather than "wrong
> highest").

Thanks for bringing this up, this gives me some food for thought with regard
to the "down is up" thing I am on about lately.

E.g. Typhon throws Severian into the sled, they plummet downwards, then
arrive at the very top of Typon's mountain fastness, and Severian asks
Typhon how they could have come up so high, when they had just fallen so
far.