(urth) Monkey business

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Jul 12 16:29:30 PDT 2010

I agree.

One comment though---I thought Rudesind was tall because of his long
limbs, but you're right---he's average to short. Severian is tall but
not that tall.

However, those long limbs and short height do create a problem. He
doesn't sound human. How is it possible to have long arms/legs/feet and
yet be short?

Short torso? Slumped posture? Generally smaller size, like an actual
monkey? Is he a monkeyman, like the dogmen in the armored coach? Is that
what the "cover story" Inire gave him refers to?

I don't have a theory. I just don't get it.