(urth) lots of stuff

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Fri Jul 9 21:16:03 PDT 2010

Jerry writes:

> Of course I'm picturing God as responding to events, which seems to be the
> picture in Genesis, not as omniscient the way modern Judaism,
> Christianity, and Islam see him.

Why? Do you believe that Gene Wolfe pictures God like this?

God, the real one, the omniscient and omnipotent one, intends for
everybody to die.

Why should he not, now and again, intend for a whole bunch of people to
die at about the same time?

In fact, he does, as geological history and traditional story both show.

Promises in Genesis and so on to not do this and that can easily be taken
for the wishful thinking of the humans who wrote the book, or wrote it
down.

.