(urth) lots of stuff

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 18:50:42 PDT 2010

Jerry Friedman wrote (09-07-2010 22:31):

> (Somebody asked why /Father/ Inire.  I still want to know.

Why are Latin Rite priests 'fathers'? They're not supposed to be producing
children.
Maybe someone that old and important in the Commmonwealth should be called
Father.
But the reason, that I see, is that the whole FI is a title. Inire does not
look like a proper name to me. And when people refer to someone of such
importance, they don't use proper names. They won't do it for the Autarch -
he may be externally referred to by name, but not generally, I think - and
they won't do it for the Autarch's vizier.
That raises the question - what's the meaning of FI?

> And I'm with those
> who think he isn't sexually interested in girls, or any humans.)

This I think is unknowable. Sex has a way of popping up in those books where
you least expect or actually want it.