(urth) lots of stuff

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 14:58:07 PDT 2010

>> When he mentioned a monkey, he might not have remembered
>> every other time he mentioned a monkey.

Wolfe does make mistakes. And he can inadvertently reuse ideas. A famous
instance that he noted himself is that his protagonist in "The Other
Dead Man" and the villain in "An Evil Guest" have the same name. And it
is not uncommon for writers to have an inclination for particular
adjectives and analogies.

But if this is the case in this instance, I would think there would be
examples of Wolfe comparing characters to monkeys in other stories?
Especially since he did it three times in this one novel. Can anyone
think of some others?

u+16b9