(urth) Tzadkiel/Melek Taus

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Fri Jul 9 14:25:56 PDT 2010

From: "Lee Berman" <severiansola at hotmail.com>

> Anyway, I think all of Ascia and the war can be seen as efforts by great
> powers
> (Abaia, Erebus etc.) to stop the coming of the New Sun. Clearly the coming
> of
> the White Fountain is tied to the Autarchy. And if Ascia won and took over
> the
> Commonwealth there would be no Autarch. Only The Group of Seventeen.
>
> As analogues to ancient pagan monsters, those megatherians have a lot
> to lose from a purifying Judeo-Christian flood. They'd be reduced to being
> just some old mythological stories.

It's hard to know.  I seem to recall someone saying the Ascians would be
less affected than the Commonwealth by the arrival of the New Sun.

As for the sea monsters, it's not immediately obvious that they have much
directly to fear from a flood.  Maybe they plan to chill for a few centuries
until human society renormalises, then start their war games again.

I don't think they were for it, but I'm not convinced that they expended
great effors fighting it either.  The undines don't seem to have tried to
kill Sev; they may have preserved his life.

- Gerry Quinn