(urth) Tzadkiel/Melek Taus

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 12:13:48 PDT 2010

On 7/9/2010 1:56 PM, Lane Haygood wrote:
> hy are we viewing the flood as "bad" or as a punishment?  Floods,
> even non-divine ones, are capable of destruction, sure, but they also
> renew and refresh and carry things to new places.

Knowing that the flooding of Urth is "bad" would require knowledge of
what happened to all those people who were transported to other planets
in Master Ash's timeline. Also, what the standard of living became on
Urth before the remnant of Urth's population was transported?
(Presumably the population became quite attenuated, otherwise people
would reproduce faster than they could be transported). Also, what
happened in Ushas afterwards.

There isn't really enough information in the story to discover whether
the flood was "bad". A lot of people died, yes. A lot of people died in
the 1944 invasion of Normandy and the subsequent months.

u+169b