(urth) Monkey business

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:26:45 PDT 2010

>> On 7/9/2010 12:12 PM, Ryan Dunn wrote:
>>> Could the elderly person in Casdoe's house be an aquastor?
>>
>> James Wynn wrote (09-07-2010 18:35):
>> Sure. But anyone...probably any living thing...could be an aquastor. Why
>> would being an aquastor help things along?
>
> On 7/9/2010 12:59 PM, António Pedro Marques wrote:
> Hey!

Bait the hook, then reel them in. You still haven't delineated the
relevant differences between "Inire is Rudesind" and "Dorcas is
Severian's grandmother". So this gives me a chance to show the value of
wild speculation.

There's no reason to get Talmudic on the difference between your
proposed standard and my question. I am only asking "How does viewing
the old man as an aquastor resolve the apparent connection between him
and Rudesind?" Also, "How does the old man being an aquastor resolve the
issue posed by Mr Berman that the old man might be  female?"

What I am not asking is "What difference would it make if the old man
and Rudesind were connected?" or "If the old man is an aquastor, then
what?" Because in these instances the question is the answer: "The old
man and Rudesind might be connected" and "The old man might be an aquastor".

u+169b