(urth) The mystery of the image of an astronaut cleaned by Rudesind

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Wed Jul 7 17:55:11 PDT 2010

> Because Wolfe told us how people become curators. Because that system
> did not exist in the early 20th century.

Well, he related how they become librarians. IIRC, curators also oversee
the Botanical Gardens. I don't see that the Book of Gold would
particularly attract kids suitable to gardening.

It's not hard to imagine the Vizier and Master Hangsemstrait returning
from some obscure province with a flierload of "newly rediscovered"
paintings and a surplus apprentice.