(urth) Lives of the Great Beasts

Jonathan Goodwin joncgoodwin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 15:05:13 PDT 2010

As I understand it, Crowley added "mega" to the word "therion," which
does not appear with that modifier in the Apocalypse, to describe
himself. I find it dubious that Wolfe would rely on a term used by an
idiosyncratic megalomaniac, when the more literal description fits the
text so much more clearly.