(urth) The mystery of the image of an astronaut cleaned by Rudesind

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 10:00:11 PDT 2010

David Stockhoff wrote (02-07-2010 17:24):
> Yeah, except it's not rising over anyone's shoulder.

You draw a vertical line, it *is* over the shoulder. If you then picture the
planet rising in an arc, clockwise, it doesn't sound far off. But here my
understanding of english may be just deficient.

> I suppose I should clarify that I think it's plain that "visor of gold"
> doesn't mean that at all. It just needs to be dominated almost entirely
> by a solar/moonscape reflection.

The reflection on the visor, in that picture, looks like it's something
relfected on a gilded surface. The black part could be interpreted as
shadow. In fact, if I didn't know better, I might also guess the visor's
surface was golden.