(urth) The mystery of the image of an astronaut cleaned by Rudesind

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Jul 2 09:30:49 PDT 2010

As I've said, I can accept the composite theory if I must, but I have
reason to doubt it. However, since it's supposedly a painting, there may
be a real painting or illustration that combines these elements and
therefore "is" the painting if Wolfe saw it---even if Rudesind's is a
totally different physical painting. All that is necessary is that
somewhere is a scene that fits the description---not that it be a
photograph.

And I admit that what really motivates me is that I am sure I've seen it
somewhere!

Are there any photos with the astronaut holding the flag?