(urth) Rudesind/Inire/Lunar Picture

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Thu Jul 29 13:14:00 PDT 2010

Doesn't the cumaen shed her face at some point to show the reptilian mask beneath? Isn't the Cumaen a cacogens also? Severian compares Inire to her if I recall.

Also, the way Wolfe wrote the description of Agia's head hitting the stone definitely suggested "subtle clue" more than "bejeweled similie" when I read it. But that's just my opinion.

...ryan