(urth) So who is the child in Baldander's bed? [was: Juturna, the Missing Sister]

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 07:51:23 PDT 2010

>> From this, I deduce that Occam's Razor often does not work in trying to
>> understand Wolfe's work.
>
> It's not exclusive to Wolfe's work. In fact, it only works in very
> specific
> circumstances. Which may be often met, but are very specific nonetheless.

So true. There are few things more annoying (although many as annoying)
than a debater who invokes Occam's Razor and then sits back and twiddles
his fingers-- "Problem solved". Occam's Razor says that entities may not
be multiplied beyond necessity. "Beyond Necessity" is a term that must
be qualified, especially in a Lupine story.

u+16b9