(urth) Rudesind/Inire/Lunar Picture

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Tue Jul 27 11:26:26 PDT 2010

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Ryan Dunn <ryan at liftingfaces.com> wrote:
>
>> Rudesind's master is Inire, and Inire is a time traveler.
>
> I see two assertions here with no particular textual support for either.

Rudesind and the Old Autarch both say that Inire stationed Rudesind in the
House Absolute. Rudesind later says Inire is his master, and Severian
speaks as if his inherited memories confirm that Inire also had Rudesind
stationed in the Citadel.

Inire is said to have built the Botanic Gardens. The Botanic Gardens are
larger on the inside than out, and visitors are able to see 20th century
vintage airplanes flying overhead from within.