(urth) Rudesind / Inire / Lunar Picture

Edward cotton severedda at hotmail.fr
Tue Jul 27 06:03:22 PDT 2010

To JD and others who have followed this thread.

Hello JD - aye, it is good to hear from a fellow newb and someone reading the books
with a relatively fresh pair of eyes. And I am glad you assumed I was a native speaker - as indeed I am - but one who
dropped all Language study at an early age and suffers with some appalling
grammar and, no doubt, use of some inappropriate word choices.

I have yet to re-read the parts you mentioned but shall have a look when I get a chance.

And I agree with you and others who took "your blue Utrth" as a manner of speech - as it well could be -I cannae deny it.
And if he did mean "your" as in "not mine" it could have another number of interpretations and the leap to Inire is one I cannot justify yet(if ever).
And,  as I have a poor memory, more akin to the main dude from the soldier books - whose name escapes me - than Severian, I could
well be forming easily discredited theories.

Though I am beginning to suspect Rudesind is indeed a Cacogen - and if what you say is true about only 3 Autarchs trying for the big job
then I am also beginning to suspect Rudesind may be the 'true' Inire possibly showing the picture for the third(italicized as in the text) time - a vision
of Urth under a fully working sun. Inire may be working for Rudesind - or an active distraction - doing the dirty work etc.
Could all be rubbish - I know not yet. The joy of having a poor memory is that you can spend a lot less on new books.

Eddy