(urth) Rudesind / Inire / Lunar Picture

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 16:05:28 PDT 2010

It isn't who else has met Rudesind, it's who else has met Inire.

Severian is for all intents and purposes also Thecla and the Old Autarch,
both of whom know Inire.  He might has missed the connection in Shadow, when
he wasn't other people yet, but in Citadel he is and is thinking and talking
about Inire with Rudesind.  Sort of a big thing to miss.

It's possible that virtually everything Rudesind says is a lie and he is
elaborately disguised to hide the fact that he is Father Inire.  I'm not
certain what purpose that deception would serve by the time of Citadel.