(urth) Nazca Lines

Pedro Pereira domus_artemis at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 10:38:20 PDT 2010

>From all I've read, the idea that the city is a port seems to be based on little. It was first proposed by Posnansky in the 40's but the evidence is far from conclusive. Some of his assumptions have actually been disputed by more recent geomorphological studies.

This links resume well some of the evidence:

http://members.cox.net/pyrophyllite/Tiwanaku.html

It also seems that the actual lake port was at Iwawe, which was connected by road to Tiwanaku (according to Browman, 1981).

I don't know, but I don't see conclusive evidence for stating that the city was built as a pot at all.

Also, the city is about 10-12 km from the lake.