(urth) Wolfe's Puzzles

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:27:33 PDT 2010

> Is there a link to "pastor"? Typhon-Pas does lead his flock off Urth.

>Well, "Typhon *drives* his flock off of Urth" is more accurate I think.
He also drives them off the Whorl.

He drives them off the Whorl using heat and drought. This was a big part
of my suggestion that the name Pas is derived from the Babylonian god/demon
Pazuzu as he and his Egyptian cognate, Typhon-Set, were gods of hot, dry
desert storms, drought, crop failure etc. Pazuzu had a bird head and the
bird theme is quite prevalent in Long Sun.

But now that the connection between Inire and Pan/Pas has come to light I
am forced to reconsider the truth of the Typhon/Pan connection more strongly.