(urth) lots of stuff

Stuart Hamm hammstu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 13 14:17:44 PDT 2010

ha...!

--- On Tue, 7/13/10, Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) lots of stuff
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 1:51 PM

From: "hammstu at sbcglobal.net" <hammstu at sbcglobal.net>

>No one's gonna post the punch line???

The punch line of the preposition joke?  Something like "Okay, where are you
from, asshole?"

I first heard this thirty years ago with Harvard instead of New York City, a
"hick" or "redneck" instead of a Texan (I think), and "Whatchoo lookin' at?" as
the question.  I like that better, since no one in his or her right mind would
"correct" the grammar of "Where are you from?" and pedantry is a better
stereotype for Harvard than for New York.

Of course, it would be off-topic to mention that New Mexico has fought off three
invasions from Texas, especially since we're now happy to allow Texans in as
long as they pay.

Jerry Friedman