(urth) lots of stuff

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 06:52:24 PDT 2010

Lee Berman wrote (12-07-2010 14:44):

> I think I am safe in saying that nobody is suggesting Father Inire IS
> Fenrir, any more than I was suggesting that he IS the baboon-headed
> Egyptian god Thoth.

Are there any other cases in the Sun books of
- a proper name that isn't a real historical proper name
- a proper name that is a pun/mangled version of a real historical proper name?
- a title that is a pun/mangled version of a real historical proper name?

These are commonplace in fantastic literature, but I'm unsure when it's
Wolfe we're talking about. I do have the idea that there's Wolfean
precedent, but I can't recall where.