(urth) lots of stuff

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sat Jul 10 15:54:50 PDT 2010

On 7/10/2010 2:29 AM, James Wynn wrote:

>>> Fenrir
>> Why?
>
> Plenty of reasons potentially. He's a wolf which would appeal to the
> author. Additionally, he's destined to be chained to rock until the end
> of the world. You don't think F. Inire likes his post do you? Stuck on a
> backward planet tweaking the pointless politics of the Autarchs.

He could leave at any time via the mirrors, or take a vacation of most
any length via the Atrium or the Botanic Gardens. Severian thinks he has
taken the post voluntarily: "We know your master is what the people call
a cacogen, and that for whatever reason, he is one of those few who have
chosen to cast their lots entirely with humanity, remaining on Urth as a
human being." Citadel, XXXV

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >