(urth) Dorcas (was: The mystery of the image of an astronautcleaned by Rudesind)

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Fri Jul 9 21:08:13 PDT 2010

Ryan Dunn wrote:
> Oh, and I always liked this quote from the book, guess who said it...
>
> "Look at the great successes of the past - they say their deities are the
masters of all the universes, and yet that they require grandmothers to
defend them, as if they were children frightened by poultry."

I'm not going to step into that. <g> Anyway, I think Thecla's next line was
better, even if it more properly belongs in Andrew's thread.

"Or that the authority that punishes no one while there exists a chance for
reformation will punish everyone when there is no possibility anyone will
become the better for it."

-Roy