(urth) Silmarillion

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 11:25:15 PDT 2010

Tolkien made his living as a professor.  The "background" of the
Silmarillion was to give his world an impetus for his languages to
change, much as our own did, coupled with his desire to formulate a
modern mythology for Great Britain.  Ergo, Silmarillion and all of his
"notes" that have been posthumously edited and published by his son.

LH