(urth) The Politics of Gene Wolfe

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Jul 6 17:27:30 PDT 2010

As was mine!

I admit; I lied. I WAS being a little facetious.

But I really don't think the Founders were concerned about armed white
men killing blacks. First, the rhetoric hadn't heated up to the point
where it was 100 years later. You could still teach black slaves to
read. Second, they would have been more concerned, however
unrealistically, about armed black slaves killing whites, but again see
point #1. Indians were far more of a "problem" (i.e., scapegoat).

Do you support slaveowners' right to arm themselves against slave
uprisings? Do you support the right of slaves to arm themselves against
their "owners"?