(urth) The Politics of Gene Wolfe

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sun Jul 4 04:48:46 PDT 2010

Of course fascism hadn't been invented yet. Nor had lynching and armed
race riots.

But I agree that the 2A did not have individual self-defense against
muggers and burglars in mind, any more than it was intended to secure
only the state's right to defend itself. It addresses the right of the
People. Not persons. Not states.