(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sat Jul 3 16:04:48 PDT 2010

On 7/3/2010 3:49 PM, Jerry Friedman wrote:
> From: Marc Aramini<marcaramini at yahoo.com>
>

>> Of course Wolfe as an exmilitary man at the end of his seventh decade is going to have an affinity for
>> weapons.

Eighth. While Wolfe was at one time a proto-millitary man in that he was
a cadet at Texas A&M, he apparently found the jingoism and casual sadism
sucked more than being a draftee.

> It's not "of course".  Ex-military people have all kinds of different feelings.

Ditto former Marine and short story writer essay, Andre Dubus. His
fictional "The Intruder" and nonfictional "Why I Gave Up My Guns" detail
his ambivalent feelings about weapons.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >