(urth) Lives of the Great Beasts

Jonathan Goodwin joncgoodwin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 13:25:26 PDT 2010

Why does the woman with the black beans story refer to the monsters
under the sea? Because she wished to be obeyed, and they wish to be
obeyed? Was she one, and divided by such as Typhon (who, remember,
does not fear them), and now is many? Were the beans the seeds from
which the monsters grew? (I've always assumed that the black beans
were a metaphor for the black hole devouring the sun.)