(urth) The mystery of the image of an astronaut cleaned by Rudesind

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Jul 2 10:16:18 PDT 2010

On 7/2/2010 12:00 PM, António Pedro Marques wrote:
> David Stockhoff wrote (02-07-2010 17:24):
>> Yeah, except it's not rising over anyone's shoulder.
>
> You draw a vertical line, it *is* over the shoulder. If you then picture
> the planet rising in an arc, clockwise, it doesn't sound far off. But
> here my understanding of english may be just deficient.

The image of the earth begins about 820 pixel columns from the left
border and extends to the 910th or so; the helmet begins about 740 and
and extends to 1260. If the image is rotated to align local vertical
with the y-axis, it's even closer to directly above his head.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >