(urth) The mystery of the image of an astronaut cleaned by Rudesind

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 09:58:26 PDT 2010

> And I admit that what really motivates me is that I am sure I've seen
> it somewhere! Are there any photos with the astronaut holding the flag?

I did to. I even know exactly where I thought I'd seen it: It was in the
book "We Came in Peace: The Story of  Man in Space". I had that volume
as a child. But googling for the images from that book makes me think
it's not there. And in the picture in my memory the astronaut is not
actually _holding_ the flag.

u+16b9