(urth) Appearances of Inire

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Thu Jul 1 19:48:12 PDT 2010

On 7/1/2010 9:03 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> So you think the Yesodis are operating a time-travel
> historical-intervention scheme, from a perspective at the end of Urth's
> universe?

Many such, though the perspective might be more from above than from the
chronological end. Yesod doesn't seem to follow Earth-Urth-Ushas in
time. In a a way, that would support the beneficence of the Yesodis, who
in that case are helping this parallel or offshoot universe they have no
stake in to avoid the sort of horrid durance that drove their forebears
off of or out of the cycle of bangs and gnabs before they perfected
their union with the Increate.

This can still be read cynically as the Yesodis experimenting on a
serially unconnected universe so that they don't snuff it if they
accidentally break the chain of causality by killing *everyone*, but I
like the tough love, Clarkean version better.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >