(urth) Laundress and Star (AEG spoilers)

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 21:50:21 PST 2010

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:42 AM, Mr Thalassocrat
<thalassocrat08 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another question: who shot Gid, and why? Presumably not Bill, presumably not
> the FBI. It looks like the work of Squiddie, or the ATF - and I think they
> are certainly an arm of Squiddie. Why would Squiddie or the ATF be out for
> Gid at that point? Maybe this: Squiddie wants to use Cassie to ensnare Bill,
> as she does, in effect, in the end (because Bill would surely not have stuck
> around to be killed if Cassie hadn't been held captive). When Bill shows up
> at teh cast party, Cassie immediately tries to get Margaret to contact Gid.
> Margaret tells Squiddie that Reis has fallen for Cassie, but that Cassie is
> trying to get help from Gid to avoid his clutches. So Gid has to go.

I favor the Squiddies. We are told that they are arrogant, they are
loners and outcasts, they don't care about other humans (like bellhops
or security guards).

A lone pistoleer striding down a broad hallway in a tony building in
plain sight, firing poorly, and then recklessly pursuing Gideon into
the room all fit the Squiddie profile to a T; but we're told to
disregard it being the FBI, and the ATF would've similarly used
overwhelming paramilitary firepower.

--
gwern