(urth) Soldier Of The Mist: first reading (mit spoilers)

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Fri Jan 22 09:09:06 PST 2010

> Interesting, that big about anamnesis.

I'm curious to see how it develops in the other novels, if at all.

>> Looking back, I can't
>> find any point where Eurykles was changed into the snake woman, so I'm
>> guessing that this is part of his/her nature from the first meeting.
>
> Um
no. That snake we saw leave Eurykles’s body was the little snake
> that Hekate (the black goddess with the dogs) put into his drink.
> Latro can see him slowly change
first into an ugly woman with stubble
> on her chin, then as a beautiful woman wearing a snake belt. But to
> everyone else, it is just Eurykles in drag, until at one point Latro
> kiss her. This causes his divine nature to become "real", and Eurykles
> becomes the beautiful woman he already was...but no one could see it
> before.
>
> J.

Ah, thanks for that.you're absolutely right. I somehow forgot about that
part. I blame my short, fragmented reading bursts and addled memory
banks... I went back and reread the Woman at the Crossroads chapter. How
could I forget that? there's an illustration in there...