(urth) Severians Later Appearance (Spoilers)

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 10:06:38 PST 2010

--- On Tue, 1/12/10, Tom Hopkins <topkins at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

I agree completely.  Wolfe said that astral projection
made the possibility of Silkhorn's meeting Severian a
"gun on the wall", but I've felt since I first read the
passage that the gun would have been better left
unfired.

In addition to your criticisms, I have a superficial one:
I was disappointed to read that torturers' cloaks have
red linings.

Yes, Josh, it made me think, but not in any way that
helped me enjoy the book.

Jerry Friedman