(urth) Capricon

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:02:57 PST 2010

I've mentioned this before but it bears repeating. A few Wolfe panels
are every bit as useful as (or more than) a semester long Creative
Writing course. Wolfe's advice about being a *productive* writer are
always more practical and objective based than those of any other
writer I've heard. Perhaps it is because creative writers do not tend
to be analytical. Every other successful writer seems to only vaguely
understand exactly how he got there (at least anything beyond "Go to
lots of cons and share your writings!"). Wolfe knows exactly
step-by-step how he got to where he is and can describe and discuss
each leg of the trip.

If you know someone who would like to write fiction and get paid for
it, you should encourage them to go to invest in the price of a con
where Wolfe is attending.