(urth) christ, already

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 12:09:55 PST 2010

>Dan'l D. Oakes:  The Outsider is the Christian God, to be sure

I don't know enough to debate yea or nay on this. But RttW seems to explicitly define
The Outsider as The God of Wine, son of Thyone. i.e.  a version of Dionysus. I think there
are some who here have knowledge which suggests there is religious justification for considering
Dionysus as a version or precursor of Christ.

>the stories analogous to those of Jesus are attributed to "a fortunate man whom
>the Outsider had both enlightened and possessed" -- an Jesus-analogue in the Briahtic Universe.

I think it was Andrew who recently pointed out the Long Sun story of a legendary figure who got
busy with moneychangers in a temple.

In one interview, Gene Wolfe quips that since Jesus used a scourge during that temple episode, even
he knows what it is to be a torturer.

Some interesting conjoining of concepts here. I'm interested how y'all might sort them out.