(urth) (no subject)

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 18:07:49 PST 2010

> Jeff Wilson: There is a possibility that the Green Man is meant to suggest this happens
> in the distant future of Ushas. If his people are fed internally by their symbiotic algae and
>no longer must rely on the yearly success of crops or catch, they no longer must sacrifice to the
>four gods, and may live directly from the light of the Sun, with likewise no intercessors between
>themselves and God.

>Son o' Witz- Yes, I agree that is is essentially what The Green Man symbolizes. He says nearly as much
>quite plainly. They are a humanity of non-torturers.

I lean in this interpretive direction also. But The Green Man is a significant alternate name for the pagan
horned god, Great God Pan, etc. Is Wolfe suggesting this is the ultimate and true, unified god of Briah? Or
of all universes, including ours?

If the latter it might cause the Pope an uncomfortable turn or two at night....should I start my "Wolfe as
Heretic" thread again?