(urth) interview questions

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 07:53:01 PST 2010

Lee, I don't think Roy is a skeptic.  His encyclopedic knowledge of every Gene Wolfe text reminds me way more of a biblical fundamentalist.  He knows his Wolfe, he just doesn't allow any ambiguity or contradiction, and any such ambiguity is refutation.  Roy knows these books inside and out with an admirable capaciousnes I could only hope to emulate ... but his quotes are always so black and white, and these narrators are SO fallible in Wolfe.

Marc