(urth) Fish and Caves

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 10:48:52 PST 2010

I know, I know Roy.  I just think obfuscation of location is one of Wolfe's themes this time, and these characters writing those quotes DO NOT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE, just like Weer doesn't know he's dead.  nor do they have any direct evidence of the real outsider.  Silk can say I am Horn until he's blue in the face, but that doesn't mean its always true.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the validity of the narrator in these passages.