(urth) Fish and Caves

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 23 14:54:19 PST 2010

>The human conventions of distinct identity and distinct names may be something only
>we need, not they.

That was in regard to monster sea creatures but there is their heavenly mirror images, also.

Apheta does not have a name, until she meets Severian and needs one. She is a larva.
She lives in a spiral-shaped cave. Tzadkiel is said to have a "son". Exactly how are
these offspring of Hierogrammates produced?

We aren't shown but we can guess, looking back to their mirror image race on Urth (and Blue).