(urth) Key to the Universe

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 14:08:56 PST 2010

I'm with you James. For me, the whole fun of that scene is that WE know what the
picture is, but they don't. It's another case where all the puzzling over the
puzzle seems to shrug off what that scene does for the story in terms of
establishing the depth of history/"Dying Earth" attitude. But, like you say,
that "aesthetic blowback" subjective stuff and likely unconvincing to those who
don't feel the same way.

As for other examples of "our Earth," there's also Dr. Talos' recognition of the
Frankenstein story and the host of quotations/misquotations in his play.