(urth) (no subject)

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Dec 16 09:57:34 PST 2010

Possibly. That seems a bit literal to me.

One could go further and speculate that such a universe is the one we
would experience, because we would create it ... because that is what we
perceive, being creatures of superstition with no higher wisdom to guide
us. At best, we'd be dupes in someone else's idea of progress, even if
it helps us in the long run.

On 12/16/2010 12:46 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
> That's really the crux (heh) of it, for me.  The Sun series is all about what the universe would
> be like with no Christ. Answer- We'd really have pagan gods ruling us, vampires among us, foul,
> predatory monsters in the oceans, ghouls and human sacrifice and a lot of other nasty stuff that
> we Earthlings, blessedly, (mostly) only have in legends.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101216-0, 12/16/2010
Tested on: 12/16/2010 12:57:34 PM