(urth) Father Inire Theory cont.

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sat Dec 11 09:06:35 PST 2010

I'm glad you don't take my questioning too personally!

Here's a quick and dirty Googled bit on the number 5:

Now as we approach the meaning of Five we begin to extend ourselves even
further into the outer reaches of numerology. Each number expanding out
from One represents a container holding all its predecessors within its
vibration.

Meaning, the number five is a container that holds the energy of One
<http://www.tarotteachings.com/meaning-of-one.html>, Two
<http://www.tarotteachings.com/meaning-of-two.html>, Three
<http://www.tarotteachings.com/meaning-of-three.html> and Four
<http://www.tarotteachings.com/meaning-of-four.html>. All of the
*tumultuousness and beneficence* found in these numbers mixed up into
the Five. Yeah, it's a head-trip to consider the godly digits embodied
into one number.

And so the meaning of Five expresses that expansiveness and its ability
to know itself as a whole through the interaction of its essential parts.

Essentially, Five is the first of digits that is in a constant
(sometimes /driven/) state of *balancing its own equation.*

The meaning of Five gets more dicey when we recognize its association
with humankind. Five fingers, five toes, five tactile senses. These
associations give number Five a *link to the physical*, and a grounded
vibration that is similar to Four, but on a much more intricate scale.

But this grounding physicality must play a co-starring role in the
essence of Five when we consider the Greek concept of the */fifth
element./* The Greeks marveled over the philosophy of Five, and
recognized the pentagram as a perfect symbol to represent the four
elements (water, air, earth, and fire) PLUS the fifth element as a
*unifying factor.* This fifth element, as Plutarch observed, is the
ether or quintessence that instills harmony and unity to all elements.

Indeed, the Greeks held the number Five as a representation of
*dispensing spiritual knowledge* (Sound familiar? Hierophant resonates
with number Five) and considered it a vehicle for gaining proper
spiritual understanding.

Also considered, as I said before, to symbolize grace---much like the
concept of balance above.