(urth) City on Green

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Fri Dec 31 21:49:27 PST 2010

On 12/31/2010 10:36 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> Oops, Nessus killed Hercules, not the other way. Well, we might wonder
> then who is Hercules.

Hercules also killed Nessus, if that helps.  As I recall, Deionara, who
was Mrs. Hercules?  The main squeeze of Hercules?  had Nessus help her
across a river, and then he tried to rape her, and then Hercules killed
him (with a poison arrow?  Don't remember), and, dying, he said to her
something like, "if Hercules wears a shirt soaked in my blood, he will
never love another."

So of course she does the Dillinger-hankie thing, and then Hercules puts
it on, and OOPS AGONIZING DEATH.

Nota bene: I didn't look any of this up, so I could be *totally wrong*.

Adam